My name is Jan (pronounced kind of like Yum). 😊 The last name, Gondol, comes from Hungarian 'think!'.
This website explores the things I think about.
Quick bio & background
- Open policy aficionado. Active in open government since 2014. Advocate for open education & open science, open data and open source software. Member of the Slovak Committee for UNESCO.
- Activist: co-founder of SPy o.z. (Slovak Python civic association), the home of #PyConSK conferences.
- Builder of things: fan of Python programming language & Django web framework.
- Nerd. Four postradual degrees, including a PhD in Library and Information Science.
- Speaker at dozens of events and conferences, including TEDx.
- New Europe 100 changemaker: recognized by Google & Financial Times.
- From the ❤️ of Europe: based in Bratislava, Slovakia. Grew up on the foot of the High Tatras (#1 in LonelyPlanet's Best in Europe 2019). It's still my favorite spot.