:: Looking for TEDx Bratislava resources? Click here...
My name is Jan (pronounced Yahn). The last name, Gondol, comes from Hungarian 'think!'. Thinking is my favorite activity—this website is a place for my learnings along the way.
Quick bio & background
- Open policy aficionado: championing open education & open science, open data and open source software.
- New Europe 100 changemaker (selected by Google & Financial Times).
- Builder of things: my favorite tools include Python programming language & Django web framework.
- Information scientist (PhD). With postradual degrees from management (Dip. Mgmt.) and schools of education & theology (M.A., M.Div.).
- Activist: co-founder of SPy o.z. (Slovak Python civic association), the home of #PyConSK conferences. Open education community organizer.
- From the heart of Europe: based in Bratislava, Slovakia. Grew up on the foot of the High Tatras (#1 spot in LonelyPlanet's Best in Europe 2019). It's still my favorite escape.
- E-mail me to start a conversation about your project. I'd love to hear from you!
- Follow me on Twitter or, if we already had a conversation, please connect on LinkedIn.